Las Vegas Green Card Attorney

Helping You Obtain Lawful Permanent Residency in Henderson, Southern Nevada

If you wish to permanently live in the United States, you will need to obtain a green card. This visa confers lawful permanent residency and provides a pathway to U.S. citizenship.

Our team at American Liberty Law Group has over 30 years of combined legal experience and is committed to helping you or your loved one become a lawful permanent resident. Our Las Vegas green card lawyer can assess your unique circumstances and determine the most efficient and reliable means of obtaining your visa. We are extensively familiar with family-based immigration as well as other strategies for securing green cards and can provide you with the knowledgeable guidance you need to achieve your immigration goals.

If you are interested in becoming a lawful permanent resident, contact us online or call (702) 935-1866. We offer our legal services in English and Spanish.

Benefits of Green Cards

If you are eventually interested in becoming a United States citizen, you will first need to obtain a green card and become a lawful permanent resident. When you are a green card holder, you have the right to live and work practically anywhere in the country. 

Most green cards will be valid for 10-year increments and can be renewed indefinitely. Lawful permanent residents are able to apply for several types of government benefits, including social security benefits and government-sponsored education assistance. They can also travel more freely in and out of the United States so long as they do not stay abroad for more than twelve months at a time.

Lawful permanent residents also have the ability to sponsor certain types of relatives for their own green cards. As a green card holder, you can sponsor your spouse or unmarried children.

How Can A Green Card Attorney In Las Vegas Help You?

An attorney can help you immensely if you are trying to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States of America. Your lawyer will be there to help support and provide you with legal guidance through each step of the process.

A green card attorney can help you in the following ways, and more:

  • Help you file your paperwork
  • Ensure that everything is completed correctly and promptly
  • Help you avoid making any costly mistakes
  • Help you prepare for your interview
  • Answer all of your questions
  • Offer you emotional support
  • Provide you with important legal advice
  • Help to protect your rights and your future
  • Help you maneuver permits and regulations
  • Explain all of the legal options available to you

Call (702) 935-1866 to schedule a free consultation or to learn more about how we can help you become a lawful permanent resident in the United States. We offer our legal services in English and Spanish.

How to Obtain a Green Card

Becoming a lawful permanent resident is not always easy or straightforward. There are several means through which you can potentially obtain a green card.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to obtain a green card through:

  • Family-Based Immigration. U.S. citizens and existing lawful permanent residents can sponsor qualifying loved ones for green cards. Spouses, parents, and unmarried children (under the age of 21) of U.S. citizens receive priority under the immediate relative categories and do not have to wait for visas to become available once their applications have been processed. “Family preference” relatives, which include siblings of U.S. citizens, adult children (over the age of 21) of U.S. citizens, married children of U.S. citizens, spouses of lawful permanent residents, and children of lawful permanent residents, must wait for visas to become available. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) only issues 140,000 green cards to family preference relatives per year. The extent of a family preference relative’s wait time will depend on their relationship to the sponsoring family member and their country of origin.
  • Employment-Based Immigration. Employers can also sponsor prospective workers for green cards when they are filling a qualifying position in the United States. In most cases, the employer will need to obtain labor certification and verify that no qualified American workers were available or willing to fill the position and that the position offers a fair wage. A fixed number of employment-based green cards are issued on a preference category system. Jobs requiring “extraordinary abilities” or advanced degrees are prioritized, but visas are also available to skilled and unskilled workers. Immigrants can also obtain an employment-based green card if they make a qualifying investment in a U.S.-based enterprise.
  • The Diversity Visa Lottery. The Diversity Visa Lottery issues green cards to 50,000 immigrants and their families each year. The program is intended to benefit countries that do not typically send many immigrants to the United States. As a result, you can only enter the lottery if your country of origin is eligible. You will also need to either have at least a high school degree or at least two years of recent work experience in a field that requires occupational training.
  • Asylum or Refugee Status. An individual can apply for asylee or refugee status if they have a well-founded fear that they will be persecuted on the basis of their religion, race, nationality, political belief, or membership in a particular social group if they return to their home country. Securing asylee or refugee status can be extremely difficult. If you are able to obtain this status, you will be able to live and work in the United States and can apply for a green card after one year.
  • Human Trafficking, Crime, or Abuse-Related Visas. If you are the victim of human trafficking or a serious crime, you can potentially obtain a T visa or U visa, respectively. These nonimmigrant visas allow you to temporarily remain in the United States while you assist law enforcement with investigating the trafficking or crime. T visa or U visa beneficiaries can apply for green cards after three years of continuous presence in the United States. Additionally, abused parents of U.S. citizens and abused spouses and unmarried children (under the age of 21) of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can potentially self-petition for green cards.
  • “Special Immigrant” Status. Green card opportunities are available to individuals and families who meet the requirements of a variety of miscellaneous categories. Religious workers, international broadcasters, and Special Immigrant Juveniles may qualify, among others.

Our Las Vegas green card attorney primarily focuses on family-based immigration. We help families sponsor their qualifying loved ones and guide them through each stage of the application process. Our team can help you explore all available immigration options and advise how you can potentially secure your visa.

Understanding Waivers and Grounds of Inadmissibility

When you are eligible for a green card and your application is successfully processed, you will have to either “adjust your status” or complete consular processing. An Adjustment of Status can be sought when you are already physically located in the United States, while consular processing occurs abroad at your home country’s U.S. embassy or consular office.

To adjust your status, you must have entered the country lawfully. This means that if your loved one entered the country with valid status and is currently undocumented, they will need to complete consular processing, which presents a serious obstacle. When someone accumulates too much unlawful presence in the United States, they will be barred from reentering for several years or more. While your loved one may be able to leave the country and secure their green card, they will be denied re-entry to the U.S. unless additional action is taken.

Fortunately, solutions to inadmissibility are sometimes available. Our Las Vegas green card attorney proudly assists immigrants with Military Parole in Place, a benefit potentially available to undocumented members of active-duty members and veterans of the U.S. armed forces and the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve. Military PIP status cures inadmissibility on the grounds of unlawful presence and allows immigrants to adjust their status from within the country. Provisional unlawful presence waivers are potentially available to immediate relatives of U.S. citizens if you can demonstrate that your family would experience undue hardship if your undocumented loved one is not permitted to reenter the country. 

Our Las Vegas green card lawyer is committed to taking on tough cases, and we have an excellent track record of securing provisional unlawful presence waivers for our clients. Our team at American Liberty Law Group is passionate about helping families stay together and can identify and implement strategies for overcoming whatever obstacles you face. 

Schedule a consultation by contacting our Las Vegas green card attorney online or calling (702) 935-1866. Payment plans are available.


  • 20 Years of US Military Service
  • We Treat Clients Like Family
  • Over 30 Years of Experience
  • Spanish-Speaking Services Available

Committed To Our Clients No Matter

Need to Make an Online Payment?
Schedule A

Hablamos espanol!

  • “Yo estoy muy contenta porque me atendian muy bien a la hora que les llamava.”

Contact Us For a Consultation

Our team has made a pledge to treat all of our clients like family and with the utmost dignity and respect. Get in touch with our team today to schedule a consultation and discuss your options.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.